Am I supposed to counting down? yes I am…however, our group need to reschedule the thesis seminar..Jon’s diary is full for this month. ‘ A last minute notice’ he said. Thus, it will be rescheduled to end of july or august…august? it means that after out ICARIS trip this year at Edinburgh. Anoother trip? yes..because I am now at Belfast, Northern Ireland…:) Happy!!!!
Today, our plan is to visin Giant Causeway here and tomorrow we are heading to Doublin before flying back to York….Despite the flying off, on Monday I will have a meeting…:(
Finally, I make the omega algorithm fully running, the energy added, currently trying to solve the charging issues. Of it works by this weekend, both my algorithms will fully running and I can start experimenting with the charging facility inspired by granuloma formation..I do hope it will ready before thesis seminar..before our next trip to edinburgh…would like to finish everything before 16th July for submission…:)
So…here goes the story, happy because it is extended …:P
Sungguh banyak kerja tak siap…hmmm and the discussion will be on this Friday and here goes the agenda…
1. Robots Experiment
- Omega result without fault – done
- Omega result with single fault – in progress Wenesday ( must plot graph )
- Omega result with multi fault – on Thursday (plot graph and send to jon in the evening for discussion
2.Presentation for Belfast and Thesis Seminar
- First draft for Belfast – done ( send to Jon on Thursday evening for discussion)
- Update Belfast’s presentation for Thesis Seminar ( next week )
- k-nearest algorithm done – to be discussed with Jon
- Signature algorithm done – to be discussed with Jon
Never knows whether it makes sense or not…but half way through doing the algorithm in accordance with Aitken’s algorithm) and need to be further clarified and discussed with jon again… but this is how it looks like. May add few more lines after the discussion though….hmmm
Before submitted to jon, i discussed with my lab mates and a better version is there…:P hold on …
ada few minor error tu…:) just an example on how it works .. more updates next week because I am planning to run and obtained result from this experiment later….
It is important to write the specific goal that I wanted to achieve daily until I reach the milestone which is on the 5th … I have 24 days (including today)……Even though its late already…but lets do something…I just want to prepare the layout of the presentation and a movie first..
- Prepare the latex presentation layout. Outlines:
- Swarm robotic systems (SRS)
- An Analogy with the immune systems
- Granuloma Formation
- Artificial Granuloma Formation Algorithm for Self-Healing SRS
- Simulation movie to be embedded to the presentation
- update granuloma formation movie
- prepare movie on swarm beacon taxis algoritm
The updated simulation is as this, need to change the e-puck later
Last week, I had a YCCSA lab meeting seminar and it was a preparation towards my final thesis seminar. The thesis seminar is meant for the 3rd year student ( which is me), I am in my 3rd year and on this October, I will officially be on my 4th year of Phd… At this point, time is like flying away…My thesis seminar is scheduled on the 5th July 2010 and before that will give a presentation in UMIES 2010. This presentation will give a chance for me to improve my presentation for the thesis seminar.
I will start to update the content of my presentation for next meeting so that Jon can go through before presenting to UMIES 2010 and my thesis seminar. Will update on my progress in preparing the slide, simulation and my experiment…
This few days, I need to update my baseline studies based on the algorithm that I have prepared and compare with the experiment obtained from the bristol lab. My next week , I do hope my simple and extended version of my algorithm are ready to be tested…so that I can present the outcome during the seminar.
It is a tiring journey, sleepless night…..but it is the learning curve that I have gone through…will never surrender…
Had a good presentation and discussion about granuloma formation that I propose and seems that it is clear enough for them to understand. So, continue on working to achieve this week target. Charger added, but still single movement, I will continue until this week to add the aggregation to the single movement robot. But it is still an achievement…managed to upgrade to stage 3.2, managed to add charger and moving to light and charged if the energy reduce. Hopefully the aggregation algorithm can be added by this week, so that I can discuss with Jon next week while preparing for the paper. Tomorrow, need to plot the coherence result, with and without faulty to be discussed with Alan.
Some good feedback from Paul and Peter during workers’ day presentation today are as follow:
- what if the energy is not enough to be charged? extreme case? –> KILL
- must be very careful, have a proper procedure for charging capability ( normal mathematical vs with signature ) : we had the initial discussion on this to add complexity for the algorithm
- might worth trying to write down the algorithm